Calculate payments, affordability, decide between adjustable and fixed rate mortgages, determine the best way to finance with less than 20% downpayment, refinance options and debt consolidation options.
First Heading or Title
This will be updated as we find material to place here.
(Principal, Interest, Taxes & Insurance)
When lenders underwrite your loan, they calculate your insurance and property taxes as if they were paid monthly. This calculator does the same thing. Of course, you may have to mentally add mortgage insurance, if required, and Homeowner's Association Fees.
Loads of Additional Calculators
We have found a wonderful site for access to any kind of real estate calculator you could want. We have given a brief description and links to each. Each will open in a new window. When you are finished with that calculator, simply close the window. Because this site serves the entire country, taxes and insurance escrows are not included. Our thanks to The Mortgage Professor. Enjoy!
First Mortgage Calculators
- Fixed Rate Mortgages - Determine payments for various loan amounts, interest rates and terms.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages - Determine how interested rates and payments may change.
- Housing Affordability - Can you afford a house at a given price?
- Down Payment Calculator - Should you buy now or wait until your down payment is larger?
- Points on a Fixed Rate Mortgage - What is your break even period?
- Points on an Adjustable Rate Mortgage - What is your break even period?
- Compare Fixed Rate vs. Adjustable - How do they compare relative to after-tax interest cost?
- Compare Two Fixed Rate Mortgages - Which is best relative to after-tax interest cost?
- Fixed vs. ARM Future Value - Determine lowest cost through a specific future time.
- Future Value Calculator for Two Fixed Rates - Lowest cost through a certain time frame.
- Down Payment Calculator - Determine rate of return on larger down payments.
- Mortgage Term Calculator - Should you invest in a shorter term mortgage?
- Mortgage Fees Calculator - Estimate Lender Fees based on quoted rate and APR
- Amortization Calculator - Amortize your mortgage accounting for tax savings on loan interest.
- Extra Payments Calculator - What effect will additional payments have on interest and term?
- Bi-Weekly Calculator - Determine effect on total interest and term for bi-weekly payments.
- Extra Payments Payoff Calculator - How much extra do you need to pay to finish by a set date?
- Piggy backs vs. one mortgage - Which makes more sense to you?
- Compare piggy backs - Which second mortgage makes more sense financially?
- Less than 20% Calculator - Compares cost of PMI with two other alternatives
- PMI Calculator - Compare three options for mortgage insurance.
- PMI Termination Calculator - For how long will you need to pay PMI?
- Down Payment or Points Calculator - Which offers the best return?
- Cash Contribution Calculator - Seller Concessions vs. Lender Concessions
Already Have a Mortgage and Want to Refinance